Frequently asked questions:
1) I have an old apple tree in my yard. Can I bring it back? Yes - good information on the web from University of New Hampshire at http://extension.unh.edu/resources/files/Resource000582_Rep604.pdf
2) I have (or want to plant) some new apple trees in my yard. What do I need to do to care for them? Click on the resources for growing apples link to find a list of info that we have put together.
3) Where can I find info about raspberries or buy raspberry plants? Buy plants at Nourse Farms in Deerfield Mass. Their web page at - www.noursefarms.com has a lot of good information and they have excellent stock. Good book is Backyard Berry Book by Stella Otto - Otto graphics – available at Northshire Bookstore.
4) What do you do for Japanese beetles? We use reusable Tanglefoot traps. We buy them from Gempler's (www.gemplers.com or 1-800-382-84730) - their part number T9004. you can also get them from Gardner's Supply and Ladd Research both in Burlington.
5) Do you accept credit or debit cards? Because we are only open a few weeks a year, we are not set up to take credit or debit cards. We do take cash, personal checks and occasional IOU's.
6) Do you allow dogs? Friendly dogs on a leash are OK in the orchard, but not the raspberry field. We ask that you clean up after your dog and have a supply of plastic bags if you do not.
return to home page